How it Works
- Once your Big Blue Barrel is received, place it in a convenient and secure, non-public location.
- Open the lid and remove the return paperwork and the list for materials to put in and keep out. These will be attached to the underside of the lid.
- Attach the lid and ring to the Big Blue Barrel using the chain and hook supplied.
- Let your users know what can be tossed into the Big Blue Barrel. List for materials to put in and keep out.
- Fill the Big Blue Barrel.
- When the Big Blue Barrel is filled, put the lid on and attach the ring to hold it in place.
- Once the ring is on and clamped down, attach the BBB number tag to the Big Blue Barrel ring.
- Stick the pickup tags to the Big Blue Barrel lid.
- Notify the Big Blue Barrel staff a pickup is needed.
- Receive pickup confirmation date and time.
- Move the Big Blue Barrel to the pickup location.
- Wait for the pickup.
What happens once the materials are shipped back?
After receiving your recyclables, it is separated, securely destroyed and recycled. During the process, all material is under 24/7/365 surveillance. At Big Blue Barrel security is paramount.
With the exception of the Just Ship It Service, Big Blue Barrel will provide a certificate of destruction (COD). The COD is an important document to keep for your records because it details the secure destruction process. If a chain of custody document is required, then please Contact Us.
Put it In
|Back-up Power Supplies Systems|
|Dryview X-ray Film|
|Games Systems (Xbox, Nintendo, Playstation, etc.)|
|Integrated Circuits (IC)|
|Optical Tape Drives|
|Satellite Dish Components|
|Solid State Hard Drives|
|Uninterruptible Power Supply|
|Virgin X-ray Film|
|X-ray film in jackets|
Pull it Out
|Battery – single use|
|Battery unless part of device|
|Combustible Liquids and Items|
|Flammable Liquids and Items|
|LED Bulbs and Lamps|
|Liquids in Containers|
|Mercury Containing Devices|
|Toxic Chemicals and Substances|
With each order you will receive
a la carte
Just Ship It Service
The Big Blue Barrel Just Ship It Service is designed for the client who doesn’t need a certificate of destruction, notification of receipt, or the convenience of a Big Blue Barrel barrel or box, although wants the peace of mind knowing their e-Waste is securely destroyed and responsibly recycled. Although there’s no charge for this service, you must receive a manifest number. A manifest number may be requested at Contact Us.
With this service, the client is responsible for supplying the box, barrel, or other container and shipping it to the Big Blue Barrel.
Loose hard drives and any other e-Waste from the Put It In list will rattle around the box during shipping and possibly damage it. Once the hard drives and any other e-Waste is packed into the box, stuff paper or packing material into any empty spaces to secure the contents, during shipping.
After the hard drives are packed, securely tape the box shut and either deliver to or schedule a pickup with the post office, reputable courier such as UPS or FedEx.
Shipping to Big Blue Barrel
Big Blue Barrel accepts shipments from USPS, FedEx, UPS and other reputable courier and shipping services. Truckload quantities must be scheduled with our receiving department at 513-448-4200, Option 3 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BIG BLUE BARREL
ATTN: JUST SHIP IT SERVICE
4900 SPRING GROVE AVENUE
CINCINNATI, OHIO 45246-1900